Advertising Sales Manager
- Seattle, WA
- Full Time
- Seattle Times Media Solutions
With over two times the visitors of any other local media website, Seattle Times Media Solutions digital agency partners with advertisers as the digital solution for their local marketing needs. We leverage over 125 years of Pulitzer-prize winning coverage to help local and national advertisers connect with their customers. We reach more Northwest adults than any other local media company with our full suite of services: Print and Digital Display, Mobile, Social, SEM/SEO, Programmatic, Branded Content, Web Services, Direct Mail, and much more.
Our Advertising department is hiring for a success-driven Advertising Sales Manager to lead an agency team! This critical management position is responsible for achieving revenue targets for their team of Account Executives, growing revenue from new and existing accounts by selling a full suite of Seattle Times owned & operated, as well as content marketing, creative services and digital managed services. The manager will report to the Director of Advertising Sales. Team collaboration is important in this role, and the sales manager will work with operations managers, account directors and other sales leaders to produce revenue results by using a strategic, consultative sales process, upholding tenants of accountability and trust with our clients.
While overseeing a team, the Advertising Sales Manager will coach Account Executives on maintaining a robust pipeline, delivering powerful presentations that address specific needs, and efficiently closing new and incremental business. As a member of the Advertising leadership team, the sales manager will aid in evolving the business model and culture to mold a team of motivated, highly sophisticated sellers capable of effectively selling a full suite of advertising solutions.
Please note: while currently remote, this position will require some work in our Seattle office once normal operations resume. Applicants should be current (or future) residents of the Greater Seattle area.
- Regularly exceeds monthly goals for Total and Digital revenue, and grow active accounts
- Sales and development of high target accounts.
- Coach AEs on Key Performance Indicators that create sales success, including cold calls, presentations, closes, and retention
- Coach team members to be proficient at presenting the Seattle Times suite of products including Seattle Times newspaper, SeattleTimes.com, plus managed services including SEM, Social, Targeted Display, Sponsored Content, Web Services, Reputation Management, Email Marketing and more
- Strategize with AEs on solutions that will meet specific client needs, and coach AEs to engage clients and produce the close
- Provide management with revenue forecasts and insights on team performance, sales pipelines, client needs and trends
- Produce monthly AE Assessments and weekly 1:1 coaching reports. Effectively manage struggling AEs to success, and hold AEs accountable for failure to perform, providing clear expectations and ongoing communication
- Maintain direct communication with accounts assigned to the sales unit, developing strong and trusting relationships with clients
- Conduct team meetings and training sessions focusing on sales strategy and AE development
- Aid in goal setting, revenue forecasting, and budgeting
- Aid in product development by finding new ways to meet client needs
- Works collectively with the entire management team to meet company objectives related to overall revenue, expense control, motivation/morale, community stewardship and more
- Is an excellent representative of the Seattle Times, both internally and externally
- Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience selling digital advertising products include Search, Display, Social, Native, Email and more, and demonstrated success in meeting sales goals.
- Education: Four-year degree in a relevant field of study, and/or equivalent combination of work experience.
- Demonstrated success in achieving consistent year-over-year sales growth
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing and competitive media
- Advanced knowledge of CRM systems and their use in pipeline and personnel management
- Management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Ability to mentor AEs and develop sales skills in others
- Ability to ask questions to understand advertiser objectives, and present solutions and strategies to effectively reach those goals
- Ability to process paperwork and provide reporting in a timely way, with minimal errors, and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to assist and guide a sale from lead creation through execution of a digital campaign to ensure a customer’s expectations are met or exceeded
- Ability to communicate a sincere interest in the advertiser and commitment to customer service
Please note: this position requires a criminal background check, drug screen for controlled substance use (including marijuana), and proof of personal car insurance.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. We serve the Pacific Northwest with thoughtful, independent journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 2.1 million. At The Seattle Times, you'll find work that matters.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a description of the reasonable accommodation(s) needed.