Finance Office Assistant
- Seattle, WA
- Full Time
The Seattle Times, a Pulitzer Prize-winning media company and one of the few remaining family-owned news organizations in the country, is seeking a part-time Finance Office Assistant (25-30 hours per week).
This role will provide secretarial/support services to our finance leadership as well as Financial Accounting, Customer Accounting, Treasury, and Financial Planning.
- Distribute, photocopy, FAX and/or collate documents as directed.
- Distribute incoming mail for Finance department. Research, handle or route incoming mail that is not readily identifiable.
- Processing mail and check payments for Treasury.
- Schedule meetings as requested by staff. Maintain tickler for regularly scheduled meetings and provide reminder/meeting notification service.
- Provide telephone backup for Customer Accounting and Financial Planning managers, Financial Planning project analysts.
- Prepare memos, letters and reports timely and accurately using PC word processing, graphic and spreadsheet applications. Includes ability to edit information prepared by others and received via handwritten draft, network file attachment or diskette.
- Compose routine letters and memos.
- Prepare Finance department biweekly payroll. Provide training to backup Finance payroll preparers.
- Purchase office supplies from Office Depot and other vendors as instructed.
- Prepare monthly closing calendar for Financial Accounting.
- Maintain general office supply, printer paper and printer cartridge inventory.
- Make business travel arrangements for Director of Finance, Controller, or any staff persons in Finance Department as instructed.
- File business license applications or renewals as well as annual report, in compliance with the Compliance calendar, in collaboration with the Tax Accountant and Controller.
- Assisting Financial Planning with budget preparation work as well as budget entry for Finance Department.
- Attending admins meetings and providing support to other administration and executive assistants.
- Organize parking for as well as receiving audit persons and other guests.
- Prepare and assist in onboarding and exiting of employees.
- Arrange for telephone and PC additions, changes and moves as requested.
- Prepare and route new hire and change personnel forms as requested.
- Proofread meeting document s as requested for grammar, punctuation, format and syntax.
- Shred discarded confidential materials.
- Organize and screen managers’/supervisors’ mail in their absences to ensure workflow is maintained.
- Take meeting notes/minutes as requested.
- Schedule interviews for prospective employees as requested.
- Planning and set up for department-wide events as well as decorations.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as requested.
This is a hybrid role scheduled to be in office on-site 2 day(s) per week.
You will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal background check once an offer has been made.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. We serve the Pacific Northwest with thoughtful, independent journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 2.1 million. At The Seattle Times, you'll find work that matters.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a description of the reasonable accommodation(s) needed.