Production Worker (Mailer)
- Kent, WA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
**We're now offering retention bonuses for this position! New employee will receive two $600 bonuses, one after 90 days and a second after 180 days of service with the company!
The Seattle Times, the Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper, is looking for a reliable Production Worker to join our Packaging and Assembly team. Fondly referred to as an Associate Mailer, or "Mailer," this role prepares our print product before delivery. As a Mailer, you will be tasked with collating newspaper bundles, as well as taking inserts off pallets while organizing the bulk print product in mechanical insert machines for daily publication. Quality assurance is a top priority in this position, as you effectively prepare our final product for customers after the newspaper is printed.
Benefits: 401(k) and pension program, medical and dental health benefits, employee wellness program, life insurance, dependent care, paid vacation and sick time off, as well as paid holidays.
- Insert and collate additional print products and sections into individual print products either manually or via a mechanical insert machine.
- Manage and maintain high quality assurance of bulk print product.
- Bundle product to prepare for final delivery to customers and businesses.
- Assist Production team with other Packaging and Assembly projects as needed.
This position requires flexible work hours depending on project/scheduling needs. The average hours per week are 32.
- Experience: At least one year of previous warehouse/industrial experience preferred (but not required). Willing to train right individual
- Education: must have high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Basic proficiency in English, both written and oral, as well as basic math skills.
- Must be able to regularly lift and move up to 35 pounds during length of shift.
- Ability to bend, reach, lift, and pull repetitively; and stand and walk continuously.
- Must be able to understand and follow safety guidelines.
- Able to work in a noisy environment.
This position requires you to join a union and pay ongoing union dues each month. In addition, you will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen for controlled substances (excludes cannabis) once an offer has been made.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. We serve the Pacific Northwest with thoughtful, independent journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 2.1 million. At The Seattle Times, you'll find work that matters.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a description of the reasonable accommodation(s) needed.