- Snohomish, WA
- Full Time
The Seattle Times, the Pulitzer Prize-winning news company and digital media agency, is excited to announce a new opening for a qualified Area Manager to join our Circulation department. This unique role allows you to work out of your home office, with a great amount of flexibility in schedule.
In this position, you will be independently responsible for circulation and distribution of The Seattle Times’ newspaper in a large geographical area through overview and upkeep of our dealerships in the Seattle Metropolitan area, and Dealers/Single Copy in the outlying areas. As a salaried representative of The Seattle Times, you will oversee the timely delivery of newspapers, Alternate Publications, and supplements to home-delivered subscribers. Additionally, as the Area Manager, you will be responsible for sale and distribution of all single copy sales and third-party delivery operations for The Seattle Times and Alternate Publications.
Must be willing to live in proximity of the assigned territory and work from a home office. Must be able and willing to visit all dealerships and warehouses when necessary, which are primarily located in Snohomish county. Mileage is covered for all work-related travel. A typical work schedule might be Sunday through Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., though that is subject to change based on availability.
- Establish performance expectations for all dealers, partner publications, and independent contractors.
- Independently manage service at the dealership level.
- Ensure timely delivery of all products.
- Prepare detailed weekly sales/operations report for the Circulation Manager.
- Coordinate single copy promotions with the Single Copy department, dealers, and store owners/managers as needed.
- Experience: Prior management and customer service experience required, with distribution experience preferred. Previous newspaper experience a plus, but not required.
- Education: High School diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Proven ability to work productively with autonomy.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.
- Ability to set priorities, goals, and make decisions without supervision.
- Mediation and negotiation skills valuable.
- Excel Spreadsheet and Word processing skills required.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse community.
- Ability to set and monitor expectations of independent dealers and contractors.
This position requires a valid driver’s license, personal car insurance, and a clean driving record, in addition to a personal vehicle suitable for transporting newspaper equipment (racks, supplies, etc.). Finally, this position requires a drug screen for controlled substances (excludes marijuana) once an offer is given.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, independent newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. As the largest newsroom in the Pacific Northwest, we serve the region with thoughtful journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 1.9 million. At The Seattle Times, you’ll find work that matters.
Resume and attachments over 10 MB per file cannot be accepted.