- Seattle, WA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
The Seattle Times, a Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization, is looking for a multi-faceted, dynamic Recruiter to support all our Talent Acquisition efforts across the company. As a member of our Human Resources department, you will aid the Employee Relations team by sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring top-notch candidates for open positions across the company. By leading our recruiting function, your work has a direct impact across the company by way of finding the best possible future coworkers in every department. You should be comfortable with high-volume, full-cycle recruiting, including managing job posting and resume screening to interviews and offer negotiations. Innate hiring principles based on diversity, equity, and inclusion are key. Ideally, you have an innate ability to source successfully from a variety of locations, both digital and physical, while networking with individuals in multiple industries, including labor, operations, technical, and sales functions.
This role works with all hiring managers across the entire company and reports directly to the Employee Relations Manager. While there will be some flexibility to work remotely, finalists should expect to spend at least three days a week in our Seattle office (once normal operations resume).
- Assist hiring managers with all screening and interviewing efforts, including conducting phone and video interviews, making offers on behalf of client groups, familiarizing oneself with all job descriptions and communicating job requirements to candidates in a transparent manner.
- Support talent acquisition efforts across all departments, including IT, Operations, Advertising, and others.
- Ensure Employee Relations team is updated daily on the status of various applicants as well as communicating updates to candidates in a respectful, timely way.
- Manage workflows in JazzHR, the applicant tracking system, utilizing pre-written message templates and moving candidates throughout the system to ensure accuracy for other HR team members.
- Inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
- Perform basic administrative and organizational work as needed to support recruitment function.
- Maintain strictest levels of confidentiality and ensure that all hiring matters are kept private internally and externally.
- Maintain appropriate records and statistics to generate reports as necessary.
- Assist in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and institute changes as well as communicate to those affected.
- Demonstrate an ability to self-motivate and work efficiently in both collaborative and independent settings.
- Provide feedback throughout various projects in an effort to maintain and improve workflows broadly and with specific departments.
- Suggest innovative ways to make The Seattle Times a preferred employer in our region.
- Experience: At least three years of prior experience in full-cycle recruitment operations, as a Recruiting Administrator, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Recruiting Manager, or in a related function. Must have familiarity with successful diversity hiring practices as well as exposure to supporting Operations teams in a warehouse environment.
- Education: Four-year college degree or related professional work experience.
- Experience with high-volume, full-cycle recruiting is required. Should be comfortable networking in unfamiliar industries and locales while maintaining impeccable records for future candidate pipelines.
- Should be comfortable with different applicant tracking systems and developing workflows within systems for different roles and departments.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, leadership, and prioritization skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at one time.
- High level of professionalism and the ability to conduct oneself in a professional demeanor at all times.
- Possess high attention to detail, with strong ability to provide organization and clarity even in ambiguous situations.
- Be an excellent communicator – both verbally and in written correspondence
- Have commitment to personal accountability and take pride and ownership of your work.
- Growth-oriented mindset, with a focus on personal and interpersonal development.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team and maintain flexibility.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Please note: a background check is required once an offer is made.
The Seattle Times is a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization with a history of producing groundbreaking journalism for a broad regional audience. Independently owned by the local Blethen family for more than 120 years and as the largest newsroom in the Pacific Northwest, we serve the region with timely, relevant news, high-impact investigative reporting, and powerful, gripping visual journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as an established digital agency, Seattle Times Media Solutions combines cutting-edge digital services with the values and integrity of respected traditional media, reaching more Northwest adults than any other local media company. At The Seattle Times, you’ll find work that matters.
Resume and attachments over 10 MB per file cannot be accepted.