With over two times the visitors of any other local media website, Seattle Times Media Solutions digital agency partners with advertisers as the digital solution for their local marketing needs. We leverage 123 years of Pulitzer-prize winning coverage to help local and national advertisers connect with their customers. We reach more Northwest adults than any other local media company with our full suite of services: Print and Digital Display, Mobile, Social, SEM/SEO, Programmatic, Branded Content, Web Services, Direct Mail, and much more.
At STMS, we’re continuously growing to meet our client’s needs. Our Advertising department is hiring for a results-oriented Account Director to join our Advertising agency team! This leadership position is responsible for maintaining, growing and driving new digital agency business to Seattle Times Media Solutions with a focus on contracted, reoccurring business. Product focus will include a full suite of our managed service products including Search, Social, Programmatic Display and Video, Branded Content and more, in addition to Seattle Times owned and operated assets. You will be expected to grow accounts through generated sales both independently and with the support of a team of Account Executives. Ideally, you are professional, smart, passionate, driven, confident, and knowledgeable in digital marketing strategy and execution with an entrepreneurial spirt and ability to solve problems creatively.
- Manages existing agency clients, retaining and seeking opportunities for growth, in collaboration with their partners in Account Management.
- Prospects and closes new agency clients from a pipeline including transactional Seattle Times clients, leads generated by STMS, and his/her own pipeline of prospective clients, focusing on foundational advertising plans valued at $10k/month+.
- Executes an exemplary sales call process, showing strategic vision, holistic marketing knowledge, and creative ideas to develop long-standing partnerships with local businesses.
- Works independently and with the team to follows the STMS sales process including:
- Builds and nurtures a pipeline of prospective accounts and delivers a strong Introduction.
- Conducts thorough client Needs Assessment, and provides value to the client upfront in insights, recommendations, and strategy.
- Collaborates closely with Research, Account Managers, and Agency Services leaders to ensure proposed strategies and solutions can be effectively executed.
- Presents high-value, insightful, and measurable solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of the market and client goals and objectives, with realistic expectations set up front.
- Consistently closes new agency clients.
- Represents client needs to internal team members, communicating effectively and professionally with teammates.
- In partnership with an Account Manager, reviews analytics monthly, and offers strategic suggestions for improvement.
- Publicly represents The Seattle Times Media Solutions through participation in professional and community organizations, including networking and public speaking opportunities that uphold the STMS image, values, and expertise.
- Experience: 2+ years in digital marketing business development sales, with a proven track record of account and revenue generation.
- Track record of success in prospecting, pitching and closing sales
- Public speaking experience required
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to formulate strategies to support client objectives
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with teammates
- Ability to work and adapt in a changing environment
- Effective communicator (oral and written communication skills) with clients and internal stakeholders
- Superior analytical and interpersonal skills to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
This role requires a criminal background check if offered the position.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, independent newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. As the largest newsroom in the Pacific Northwest, we serve the region with thoughtful journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, Seattle Times Media Solutions combines cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 1.9 million. At The Seattle Times, you’ll find work that matters.
Resumes and other application materials over 10 MB per file cannot be accepted.