Service Desk Analyst
- Seattle, WA
- Full Time
The Seattle Times is seeking a creative, motivated, and positive self-starting Service Desk Analyst that thrives in a self-managed work environment. The Service Desk Analyst is the single point of contact for our internal business partners seeking assistance and support with the company’s intranet, desktop devices, and all business applications. This person will triage issues and follow through to ensure complete resolution.
The Service Desk Analyst commits to delivering an outstanding customer experience while gaining business partner confidence and loyalty through skilled problem solving and resolution follow through. The Seattle Times business and technical environment is complicated, which requires a Service Desk Analyst who thrives on overcoming challenges and learning new skills quickly and on the fly.
• Responsible for maintaining IT Service Management (ITSM) ticketing application workflows and responding to all incoming incidents and service requests within the required service level agreement.
• Provides timely responses to all issues, updates internal customers on statuses, solicits additional information and troubleshoots issues if appropriate.
• Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention or tickets left unattended in queue
• Handles all incidents and service requests with exceptional customer service in-person or over the phone.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, some physical duties assigned such as recycling electronics, packing boxes for shipments.
• Troubleshoot and repair hardware “hands-on”.
• Learns and keeps up to date with, service desk policies, procedures, and offered services
• Watches trends that indicate potential problems and eliminates or escalates problems before they occur where possible
• Problem Solving and Resolution follow through
• Regular communication with team members, customers and department management is expected through email and voice message to report progress on project work.
• Flexibility to do projects and duties as assigned
• Two to four years of relevant work experience
• High School Diploma required
• Excellent Customer Service Skills with a variety of customers
• Must have a high degree of commitment and job ownership (This position is part of a small team and as such requires appropriate dedication)
• Must be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
• At least 2 years’ experience working with one or more ticketing systems.
• Ability to prioritize tickets and incoming issues appropriately.
• Must possess the ability to think ‘outside the box’ and troubleshoot naturally with deductive reasoning
• Must possess the ability to work with or without direct supervision and follow instructions when given
• Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications (Specifically, Windows, Microsoft Office, and Mac OS)
• Ability to learn quickly
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for end user technical support
• Ability to learn technical aspects of all business applications
• Punctuality and commitment to scheduled hours
• AS or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
• CompTIA A+ Certification
• Understanding of ITIL principles or willingness to learn
• Proficient to expert in Microsoft Office/365 and SharePoint
• Past work experience in a high-traffic customer service setting
• Experience with Active Directory
This is a hybrid role with the expectation of being in the office 3 days per week. Work schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
This position requires a criminal background check.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, independent newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. As the largest newsroom in the Pacific Northwest, we serve the region with thoughtful journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 1.9 million. At The Seattle Times, you’ll find work that matters.
Resume and attachments over 10 MB per file cannot be accepted.