Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Kent, WA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Are you eager to grow into a skilled trade? Do you have prior experience as a technician? Consider joining our team today!
The Seattle Times, the Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper, is seeking a Mechatronics Maintenance Technician to join the Print Operations team in our facility in Kent, WA. As a Mechatronics Maintenance Technician, you will be called on to handle maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical equipment, mechatronics, and industrial control support systems across all areas of production. Ideally, you take direction well and have hands-on experience in a similar capacity. All tools, including test equipment, will be provided.
Benefits: 401(k) and pension program, vacation, sick time, and paid holidays.
Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Scheduled shift for this position runs from 6:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Schedule selection, either for the Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday option, is based on seniority and is bid on once a year.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all production equipment and supporting infrastructure including:
- mechanical, industrial electrical / electronic, PLCs, instrumentation, robotics, plumbing, hydraulics and pneumatics, HVAC, and burning controls.
- Accurately read and reference machinal and electrical drawings/schematics.
- Maintain open, accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as production management.
- Accurately complete all assigned work orders in a timely manner and document all relevant information describing the completion of the work order.
- Provide all information necessary to maintain proper parts inventories.
- Work with production operators to identify process improvements wherever possible.
- Perform all work in a safe manner following all company safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Experience: Some exposure to working as a Technician in a similar capacity. Previous experience in any manufacturing industry preferred, especially as a Technician, Electrician, Electrical Mechanic, Electronics Tech or equivalent.
- Education: Associates degree or 4-year apprenticeship in industrial electrical/electronic strongly preferred; HS Diploma or GED required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to analyze and quickly resolve problems and consistently meet deadlines is required.
- The ability to climb, bend, stoop, and carry up to 50 pounds, carry tools and parts up several flights of stairs or ladders and work from personnel lifts.
- Environment includes paper, dust and noise.
- Must have the ability to work in confined areas covered with ink and dirt.
- Candidate must have the ability to work with contractors, engineers, and vendors regarding the upgrade and/or installation of electrical equipment.
- Computer literacy and good verbal/written communication skills needed.
This position requires you to join a union and pay ongoing union dues each month. In addition, you will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen for controlled substances (excludes cannabis).
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, independent newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. As the largest newsroom in the Pacific Northwest, we serve the region with thoughtful journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 1.9 million. At The Seattle Times, you’ll find work that matters.
Resume and attachments over 10 MB per file cannot be accepted.