- Kent, WA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
**We're now offering retention bonuses for this position! New employee will receive two $600 bonuses, one after 90 days and a second after 180 days of service with the company!
The Seattle Times, the Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper, is looking for a self-starting Pressroom Associate. In this role, you will help maintain the efficiency of the press by effectively organizing and stacking freshly printed items as they come off the press. As the Press Associate (fondly referred to internally as a Press General Worker), you will be expected to follow safety measures while helping to ensuring efficiency with the press operations, assisting our Press Operators and other professionals with streamlining our print operation from start to finish.
Benefits: 401(k) and supplemental income plan (SIP) programs with match, medical and dental health benefits, vacation, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Takes daily direction from Press Lead Operator for daily instructions.
- Prepares press area by emptying all garbage cans before and after shift.
- Reads and familiarizes oneself with the work order.
- Verifies proper configuration and organization of printed items for delivery.
- Stacks product into precise alignment on pallet for removal to another area.
- Complies with all safety requirements.
- Notifies Press Lead Operator immediately of any problems relating to the equipment or its operation.
- Makes minor repairs and adjustments to the equipment when needed.
Must be able to work a changing schedule, with some overtime needed to support production deadlines and unanticipated events. Typical schedule may include shifts from 5:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Experience: At least one year of previous warehouse/industrial experience preferred (but not required). Willing to train right individual.
- Basic proficiency in English, both written and oral.
- Must be able to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and move 100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders.
- Must be able to understand and follow safety guidelines.
This position requires you to join a union and pay ongoing union dues each month. In addition, you will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen for controlled substances (excludes cannabis) once an offer has been made.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. We serve the Pacific Northwest with thoughtful, independent journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 2.1 million. At The Seattle Times, you'll find work that matters.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and provide a description of the reasonable accommodation(s) needed.