Advertising Account Coordinator
- Seattle, WA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
The Seattle Times, a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization, is looking for an Advertising Account Coordinator for our Advertising department. On this team, you will be key in the successful implementation of all print and digital campaigns. Accurate and seamless fulfillment of campaigns results in client retention and is instrumental in revenue growth and account service for print and digital marketing products and services including Search Engine Marketing, Social Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, Website Services, and Seattle Times advertising products.
The position contributes to the daily sales and operations and overall strategy of Advertising at The Seattle Times, ensuring the quality and responsiveness of service meets or exceeds expectations.
- Takes ownership of creative consultation and creative development to deliver timely necessary deliverables to the Account and Campaign Management teams including, but not limited to, working with the design team on deliverable creation, client proofing and approvals, and maintaining media and creative schedules.
- Strong proficiency in customer relationship management, online search, social and display advertising techniques and Seattle Times products.
- Assisting Account Executives (AEs), Account Directors (ADs) Account Managers (AMs) with advertiser development activities including but not limited to pre-sales support, client onboarding, scheduling and creative development, post-campaign reporting and troubleshooting.
- Coordinating the workflow for assigned projects from start to finish to ensure seamless and timely execution.
- Assisting the AE, AM and AD with payment and contractual issues on assigned accounts
- Providing knowledge to advertisers on product capabilities, fulfillment timelines and requirements, and advising on incorporating new products into their media mix
- Maintaining a strong level of knowledge in digital and print media and its impact on the local market
- Build rapport with client representatives and marketing staffs through routine and scheduled interactions
- Assist AEs, ADs and AMs in developing & advising on marketing strategies by understanding client expectations, assessing feasibility and identifying advertising opportunities for our clients
- Assist Sales team on advertiser renewals, upsell opportunities and other client prospecting/outreach activities, as needed.
- Provide vacation coverage for other Account Coordinators and Account Managers as assigned
- Effectively and efficiently onboard assigned Agency Services clients to ensure an accurate understanding of client’s goals and objectives, communicate required assets and/or advertiser tasks for attribution and set proper expectations.
- Effectively and efficiently provide end of month reporting for assigned Agency Services and Seattle Times advertisers
- Reviews all orders for assigned accounts in booking system for accuracy. Owns the order modification and billing adjustment process for assigned accounts. Updates campaign fulfillment information in the work order management system.
- Serves as Account Manager (AM) on assigned 10-15 advertiser accounts which includes but is not limited to maintaining client relationship, identifying and pitching upsell opportunities, onboarding and fulfillment oversight of campaigns, and client reporting calls.
- Provides sales support including but not limited to Account Executive coverage, resolving client billing issues and assisting with lead generation.
- Ability to quickly master business process, marketing and technology concepts.
- Demonstrates expertise in customer relationship management.
- Ability to ideate and execute on creative concepts for print and digital display, social media, targeted email, video and branded content campaigns including advising designers on graphic elements, writing ad copy, and communicating video production needs to necessary internal and external partners.
- Mastery of key technologies and systems to manage advertising campaigns.
- Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail and excellent follow through.
- Exhibits self-sufficiency and ownership of tools and processes necessary to support the sales fulfillment lifecycle, including suggesting innovations or efficiencies in workflow.
- Outstanding customer service and quality-focused with the ability to professionally address client and partner concerns and needs with the appropriate level of expedience.
- Conflict resolution skills required and able to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to multi-task and organize your work to meet deadlines
- Customer Focus
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Math Aptitude
- Conflict Management
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and explain billing intricacies for print, digital and agency service products.
- Thrives in an environment of quick change and growth, and able to maintain focus, calmness, and motivation.
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Experience: 1+ years of customer service
- Education: College degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience working with enterprise level systems
- Ability to readily identify obstacles and offer solutions
- Technologically savvy, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm for working as a team with the ability to establish good rapport with colleagues
- Commitment to integrity
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision
This position requires you to undergo a criminal background check once an offer has been made.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. We serve the Pacific Northwest with thoughtful, independent journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 2.1 million. At The Seattle Times, you'll find work that matters.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and provide a description of the reasonable accommodation(s) needed.