With over two times the visitors of any other local media website, Seattle Times Media Solutions digital agency partners with advertisers as the digital solution for their local marketing needs. We leverage 123 years of Pulitzer-prize winning coverage to help local and national advertisers connect with their customers. We reach more Northwest adults than any other local media company with our full suite of services: Print and Digital Display, Mobile, Social, SEM/SEO, Programmatic, Branded Content, Web Services, Direct Mail, and much more.
At STMS, we’re continuously growing to meet our client’s needs. Our Advertising department is hiring for a results-oriented Campaign Specialist with proven paid search advertising expertise. As part of our agency team, you will be primarily responsible for the paid search program, with a sincere focus on strategy, management, implementations, and reporting across multiple geographies and verticals. Ideally, you’re someone who can think creatively in a team-oriented environment, contributing innovative ideas quickly with the client’s success in mind.
- Manage the day-to-day paid search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing and Yahoo), including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and overall optimization.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of search marketing campaigns while frequently maintaining and providing clear communication to internal partners.
- Develop compelling ad copy that is consistent with the advertiser’s brand messaging and guidelines.
- Proactively identify fact-based trends and opportunities for upsell.
- Keep up with the latest search marketing industry trends and campaign features.
- Collaborate with Account Managers (AM's) to ensure paid search advertising needs specific to each advertiser are being met.
- Serve as a team leader and be comfortable providing training and support other search specialists.
- Experience: At least five years of previous experience in search engine marketing while managing large-scale accounts.
- Education: BA / BS degree preferred, with emphasis in business, marketing, or communications
- Working knowledge and mastery of SEM campaign setup and management strategies and techniques (without the aid of 3rd party software and automation programs)
- Google and Bing Certifications (Advanced) in good standing
- Experience training paid search teams on campaign strategies and best practices.
- A consistent record of leading a program from conception through completion.
- Mastery of Google Analytics setup as well as advanced knowledge of metrics and dimensions, cross domain tracking solutions, event tracking and goal setup for all conversion goal types.
- Working knowledge of Google Tag Manager setup and implementation, as well as, tag and trigger setup and management.
- Experience working with enterprise level web analytics tools. Google Analytics experience required.
- Possess critical strategic thinking and ability to readily identify obstacles and offer solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Digitally savvy, with specific proficiency at Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Enthusiasm for working as a team; ability to establish good rapport with colleagues.
- Commitment to integrity, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Advertising agency experience a plus.
This position requires a criminal background check on a post-offer basis as a condition for employment.
Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times continues its tradition as a family-owned, independent newspaper that cuts through the clutter and provides readers with timely, relevant news. As the largest newsroom in the Pacific Northwest, we serve the region with thoughtful journalism that makes a real difference in our community. And as a media solutions company, we combine cutting-edge digital capabilities and service with the values and integrity of respected traditional media… with an established audience of 1.9 million. At The Seattle Times, you’ll find work that matters.
Resumes and other application materials over 10 MB per file cannot be accepted.